We have all been there: Instagram is constantly changing their algorithm which makes it almost impossible to grow your Instagram account. Some people are using promotions to make sure their followers will see their content. But, there is another possible solution which is called: engagement pods.
Unfortunately, Instagram has recently changed their algorithm, AGAIN. We found the most recent and most important changes.
Organic reach and engagement
The organic reach of your photo has changed, which basically means that your photo is showed to only 10% of your followers. If your newest photo gets a lot of engagement right off the bat, your photo will be shown to the other 90% of your followers.
Engage with your followers
Always engage with your followers. Make sure you always respond to their comments on your photo, because YOUR engagement is important for your organic reach. The best thing to do: respond to a comment within 60 minutes. If you wait longer, your photo will lose its visibility.
However, don’t comment like a bot. Comments like “nice”, “well done”, “love it” and comments that only consists of a lot of emojis, don’t count as engagement. Commenting like this might be the reason that you end up with a shadow ban.
Include stories in your Instagram strategy. First of all, stories are fun! We love to see what keeps people busy. However, Stories can also increase your organic reach. Did you know this? The Stories that are shown first, seem to be the Stories from accounts that you engage with the most! So, start using Stories today and give your followers a reason to see you!
Get your hashtag and caption game on point
Hashtags in a comment
Posting your 30 hashtags in your first comment, might be picked up as spam and spam means that you’re account will be shadow banned. And, more important: hashtags that are posted in the first comment, will not be shown under search results!
We still don’t know what’s best: 30 hashtags in your caption, 5 relevant hashtags in your caption… But what we do know, is that using different hashtags per photo might be helpful for increasing your organic reach and your engagement. Using the same hashtags over and over will look like you’re a bot.
Changing the caption
We all have been there: you posted a photo and you misspelled a word or you forgot to add the perfect hashtag. Luckily, Instagram has the ability to edit the caption, change it and we’re all good… Right? No, we are not. Changing your caption the first 24h after posting will lower the chance your photo will be seen.
Delete your photo and repost it
OK, we can’t change the caption, so we will delete the photo and repost it. DON’T! This will also lower the chances your photo will be shown to your followers.
How to grow
Confession: we love engagement pods on Telegram and yes, we do use them ourselves. We believe that the correct way of using engagement pods can really help increasing your engagement. We are posting only one photo per day (up to three photos per week) in an engagement pod. Besides using the engagement pod, we are also trying to catch up with our followers by liking and commenting on their photos.We still believe engagement with your followers is the basic thing to do if you want to grow your account.
There are a lot of engagement pods for Instagram. You can get in by invitations. However, you can also find them yourself in Instagram Engagement Facebook groups. Of course, it depends on your niche which engagement group you’ll have to use.
Do you use comment pods to increase your engagement?
Disclaimer: The information provided here has been gathered through miscellaneous sources and the information may be different. We can’t guarantee the validity to this information. However, we did our best to check our sources.