We were surfing on Facebook and that’s where we saw it for the first time: The Sunshine Blogger Award. We both haven’t heard of this award before and we got very curious to find out what it is about. The Sunshine Blogger Award is a way for bloggers to connect with like-minded, creative and positive people while sharing joy and sunshine with the world. Doesn’t that sound amazing?!
We’re walking on sunshine
And we are so exciting to tell you that we are nominated for this award ourselves! And not just once, but we got nominated twice! Whoa! A biiiiig thank you to Verena and Amber, who found time in their busy lives to discover our blog and who gave us the opportunity to spread this award to other inspiring bloggers.
Postcards from V
Verena was the first person who nominated us for the award. She’s traveling since she’s a kid and traveling is her passion. Please check her blog and Instagram. But, be careful: you might get bitten by the travel bug because of her posts. We totally loved her “Best travel hotspots for 2018” article!
The Great Ambini
Our second nomination came from Amber. So funny, her name is a nickname in her family. She wanted to be a magician when she was younger and the nickname got stuck forever since! You should check her blog and Instagram. Our favorite post on her blog is “How to travel as a couple“. Super useful tips!
Sunshine Blogger Award
If you get nominated by us, there are a few rules you have to follow:
~ Thank the blogger who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog;
~ Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you;
~ Nominate (at least) 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions;
~ List the rules and display a Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
Here are our answers!
Verena was the first one who nominated us for the Sunshine Blogger Award. Therefore, we will answer the questions she asked. Here we go!
1. What does your perfect day look like?
Our perfect day is a sunny day which we then spend together. Our favorite thing to do is walking around aimlesly and shooting some photos. Flying our drone makes us very happy as well!
2. Which country would you love to visit once in your lifetime?
Definitely Norway, Sweden or Iceland! These countries are at the top of our bucket list!
3. Fire, earth, air or water – what’s your favorite element and why?
Water for sure. We love swimming and diving!
4. What was the best thing you’ve experienced so far?
Our trip to Venice! We totally loved that city!
5. If you could have a super power – what would it be?
Haha we would love to be able to breathe under water. That would be awesome! Or maybe the ability to fly (saves us a lot of money on airplane tickets;)).
6. What are you blogging about and why?
We love to travel the world as a couple. We hope to see the world together and we love to blog about our journey!
7. What’s your favorite food?
Sushi! You can totally wake us in the middle of the night for sushi!
8. If you could bring just one thing on your travels, what would it be?
Our camera! We love to collect our memories that way.
9. Where did you grow up?
We both grew up in the Netherlands. Thomas is born in Rotterdam and Iris close to Eindhoven.
10. What’s most important in your life?
Love, joy and a place to call home.
11. What is your biggest passion?
We are always trying to take the perfect photo, so we never leave a place without shooting it from every possible angle.
And the nominees are…
1. Daily Travel Pill
2. Traveling Tacos
3. Viajes Escondidos
5. I am wandering
6. That One Time
7. Casa Borita
8. Ontdek je bestemming
9. Travellers of the world
10. La La Leo
11. Hip on Trip
The questions for our nominees!
1. How would you describe yourself in 3 words?
2. What’s the first amusement park you’ve been to?
3. What’s the name of your favorite restaurant?
4. What was your most embarrassing moment during your travels?
5. What’s the longest you’ve been away from home?
6. The sea – on it, in it or stay on dry land?
7. What travel scams have you heard about?
8. What are you doing for your next birthday?
9. What is your favorite travel movie?
10. What was your favorite TV show when you were a child?
11. Window or aisle seat?
There you go! Check out all the bloggers above, read their blogs and spread the love! However, still looking for some more motivation to travel the world? Check our guide for Marrakech or our Instagram!